The 23rd annual IDIMT conference is continuing in its tradition as an interdisciplinary forum for multi-disciplinary, multi-national, and future-oriented research. It deals with current and future challenges caused by Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) which structure and modify our environment, our society and economics. We interact with ICT in multiple ways; the interdependence between Society and Technology is increasing. This leads to a permanent transformation of business processes which are also reflected in changes in everyday life.
This year’s conference covers several areas of profound ICT impact: health care, social media, business models, smart cars and smart homes, and overarching ethical issues.
In addition to having accepted 13 invited papers we have also accepted, based on a blind review process, 45 submitted papers. The authors come from 12 different countries: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lybia, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland.
The papers have been organized into the following themes:
• Information and Computer Ethics
• Resilience of Societies
• Health-Data Processing: Socio-technical Aspects
• Smart-home Security
• Social Media for Information Management
• Wisdom of Crowds
• Autonomous Systems and Vehicles
• ICT's Impact on Economy and Society
• Open Innovation and new e-Business Models
• eSourcing and eProcurement
• Corporate Performance Management
• Academic and Business Co-operation