This first edition of a series of papers dealing with Environmental Law and Environmental Technology Law includes an overview of Primary and Secondary Environmental Law of the European Union.
Issues covered in this edition include
- The principals of the European Environmental Law
- Fundamental requirements for risk decisions
- Energy and Climate Law (International Climate Change Obligations and Directive on the Geological Storage of Carbon Dioxide)
- Secondary legislation in the field of the Renewable Energy Directive, the Building Directive and Energy Labelling Directive
- Operational Environmental Protection (Eco-Audit and environmental officers)
- Ecological product responsibility
- Environmental Emergency Protection (Seveso Directive)
All papers are written in English. Staff members of the Institute for Environmental Law and of other institutes as well as students have contributed to this book.
In addition an overview of Environmental Law in Russia is provided. These texts are transcripts of lectures, which were given by renowned academics of the Russian Federation at the Johannes Kepler University Linz (in September 2011).